2015 Worldwide UNESCO Club Youth Multimedia Competition - "The Year of Light"
We invited Youth around the world to take part in the 2015 UNESCO Youth Worldwide Multimedia Competition.
The “Year of Light” focuses on the topic of light and light sciences and its applications; but it is the human curiosity that underlines the vision which brings light to the hearts of humanity. What kind of light-based innovation would you propose to promote sustainable development and meet the needs of a global challenge such as energy, education, agriculture, or health?
You were encouraged to respond by making a 3-minute video, multimedia presentation, written essay, art work or using any method that channeled their specific passion and talent to share your answer to the question.
The results of the 2015 Worldwide competition are complete. We want to thank all of our judges, supporters and young participants who competed from 78 countries. Congratulations to our many winners from around the world!
Juniors (Ages 10-14)
Title: Soccer Ball and the Sun
By Shekhar Bhattarai
Title: The Backbone of the Modern Era
By Rinku Dunhan
Title: Wonderland of Light
By Altana Namsarayeva
Tcydypova Chimita (Russia): The summer linguistic camp, Welcome to wonderland
Youth (Ages 15-19)
Title: The Light of the Heart
By Volodia Radevych
Title: Optimizing Georhermal Energy
Title: The Solar Powered Electronic Book
By Fail Beryl Owuor
1. Basu Singh (India): Companionship with Lights
2. Hela Sanaa (Tunisia): Telescopes for Africa
3. Muhammad Ismail Bhatti (Pakistan): Right Lights In the Classrooms
4. Tanjim-Ul Islam (Bangladesh): Light: Key Element of an Enlightened Future
5. Jonathan Gilat (Israel): Increasing LED efficiency
6. May Christin Haloho (Indonesia): Degree of Darkness
7. Bishal Neupane (Nepal): Biomass
Youth (Ages 15-19)
Title: Underwater Turbine
1. ULYA ZULFA: Indonesia: Irony of Sun Light Energy
2. Nur'aini Yuwanita Wakan: Indonesia: The Light of The Heart Manyaifun, Papua
3. Ali Mannan Tirmizi: Pakistan: Solar Powered Caps
4. Charlie Lucilla Ranido: Philippines: "Lighten Up!"
5. Mateusz Wojcieszak: Poland: The light is an art
6. Anjuman Tanha: Bangladesh: Step and Shower Light
7. Tsvetelina Kalcheva: Bulgaria: "Here comes